Facial Exercises to Prevent and Reduce Wrinkles on Face
Facial wrinkles are perhaps the first visible signs of aging that make us worry about our diminishing youthful appearance. However, little do we realize that our face too needs exercise to keep itself tightened just like the other parts of our body! Of late, people have become more aware about the facial exercises to prevent wrinkles on face as well as to reduce these fine lines that have appeared with age.
| Why Anti Wrinkle Face Exercises?
With age, our skin loses its natural elasticity and our tight skin gradually starts showing fine lines. Smiling, wincing, frowning and making faces too lead to wrinkles but then we cannot stop smiling or being upset, can we? What we can do is, keep our facial muscles toned to firm up the sagging skin. Just like other body muscles that get toned up with resistance training, our facial muscles too get toned up through face exercises.
Whether you call it face toning exercises or face lifting by exercise, they need to be done in a proper way so that they do not aggravate your problem of wrinkles on face. This article will let you know some really beneficial face exercises for wrinkles by giving steps for anti wrinkle face exercises for forehead, cheeks, eyes, chin, neck etc. and by showing a face exercise video to make you understand the proper procedure of doing anti wrinkle face exercises. However, it is also essential to clear the doubts arising in some minds regarding the effectiveness of anti wrinkle facial exercises. So, here is the answer to such questions as do facial exercises work and how far they prove to be effective and in what time period?
| Do Facial Exercises Work?
There are two answers to this question. If you think face exercises to reduce wrinkles work just like plastic surgery then – no, they don’t work like this. If you are open to the fact that exercises take some time to show results and it depends upon your age when you begin exercising your face muscles then- yes facial exercises do work!
Start early and you can keep your face much younger than other people of your age. However, if you start late, say at the age of 60 or 65 you won’t be able to get skin like a 35 year old person! Yes, you can look like a 55 year old or so but isn’t it better to look even a little younger than your?
You also need to do these anti wrinkle facial exercises for at least 15-20 minutes daily. The results too show up a little later- say a week, a fortnight or a month- depending upon the level of damage done to your facial skin. However, not losing heart and continue to give efforts can do wonders in reducing your face wrinkles!
| How to Prevent Wrinkles on Face with Exercise?
Simply by doing face exercises that can tone up your facial muscles. Here are some anti wrinkle exercises with techniques to do them. Read carefully and do these exercise to get maximum benefits for reducing wrinkles on face.
Face Exercise for Forehead
In order to firm up the fine lines on your forehead, do the following face exercise.
- Place your index fingers just above your eyes.
- Pull down while trying to raise the eyebrows
- Do this for 10 times
Face Exercise for Eyes
This facial exercise to reduce the wrinkles around eyes also reduces the puffiness of eyes.
- Crisscross your fingers as shown in the image. Your index fingers should lie between the eyebrows
- Bring down the thumbs lightly around the outer-eye corners
- Keep your eyes gently shut while pulling the index fingers up slightly above your brows and at the same time pulling your thumbs out towards your ears.
- Keep pulling up and out the skin muscles around the eyes for about thirty seconds.
- Repeat the exercise for 5 times.
Face Exercise for Crow’s Feet
With age, we also tend to get eye wrinkles pattern just imitating crow’s feet at the outer corners of the eyes The following face exercise helps in reducing crow’s feet and make your eyes look younger.
- Place your index finger and the middle finger at both the ends of your eyes. This will give the ‘V’ shape to your fingers as shown in the image.
- Stretch the outer sides of your eyes with your fingers. Stretch them above the nose.
- Also stretch your open mouth outwards for better stretching. See the photo.
- Slowly try to close your eyes by squinting the eyelids. Hold the position for count of thirty (30 seconds).
- Repeat for 3-4 times.
Face Exercise for Cheeks
With age, our face starts giving an inflated look and the face gets fatter. To slim down the face, do this exercise for cheeks.
- Hold your lower chheks with your palms as shown in the image.
- Slowly push your palms upward while stretching the cheek muscles up. This should feel like a light massage in slow motion on your cheeks. Stop your palms when they reach at the edge of your ears. It will take about 2 seconds to do so.
- Hold the position for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat for 25-30 times
- For better results for slimming down your face, do it twice a day.
Face Exercise for Lips/ Mouth
With age, the corners of our mouth or lips too droop. To firm up your skin around the lips, do the following face exercise.
- Keep your lips pressed together and pull in the corners of your mouth tightly.
- Hold this position of the mouth while tapping the index fingers at the corners of your mouth.
- Move the fingers up and then down at the corners of your lips till you get a burning sensation in the muscles at either side of your mouth.
- Move your index fingers up and down quickly counting forty times (40 seconds). This will intensify the burning sensation.
- Keeping the lips together, blow between them and vibrate your lips to release any stress.
Face Exercise for Jowls
Jowls or the deep wrinkles that appear while you smile, beginning from your nose to the mouth corners, almost get permanent with aging. They start showing even when you don’t smile. To get rid of this facial wrinkle, do the following exercise.
- Keeping the upper lip pressed against your teeth, stretch your mouth outwards to make narrow O.
- Hold this position for a count of sixty (60seconds).
- Do it for 3-4 times twice a day.
Face Exercise for Neck and Chin
The below face exercise will help you to firm your chin and neck the jawline and will also make your double chin to disappear.
- Place your hand at the front of your neck putting a slight pressure.
- Lift your neck and look upwards. Your chin should point to the ceiling.
- While in this position, give a strong smile in a manner that it exerts pressure on lips corners. You will feel a burning sensation in the neck area.
- Hold the position for thirty counts (30 seconds).
- Now turn your head to the right while keeping the chin in upward position. Hold for 30 counts.
- Repeat the procedure while turning your neck to the left.
- Do the whole process- up, right and left- for about 5 times twice a day.
Face Exercise Video
The following face exercise video shows how to keep all your facial muscles toned to defy your age. Although the video is not in English language, it shows perfectly how to do facial exercises in a right manner.
| Facial Massage with L&L Skin
Facial massage helps promote healthy skin while relaxing your facial muscles. It has a relaxing and rejuvenating effect, helping you look and feel better. Whether you want to use facial massage purely for relaxation or to treat a specific condition, there are plenty of techniques to try.
Why Facial Massage is Anti-Aging?
Because we are talking about facial massage here, let’s know why massage given to your face may slow down your aging process!
- Facial massage prevents wrinkles
- Facial Massage increases blood flow
- Facial Massage decreases sagging
- Facial Massage lifts face instantly
- Facial Massage detoxifies to give a brighter glowing face
To read more about the facial massage: Top 5 Anti Aging Benefits of Facial Massage
Take a minute every night to massage in your skincare products, which in turn helps to lift your facial muscles. Do circular motions with the fingertips in opposite directions on each hand, this encourages elasticity and breaks the pattern of tension helping prevent a degeneration of the tissues.